Planning a vacation to an all-inclusive resort can be both exciting and overwhelming. With so many options and details to consider, it's essential to have a comprehensive guide to prepare carefully. This article will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to plan and what to pack for your all-inclusive resort vacation.
How to Plan Your All-Inclusive Resort Vacation?
Understanding All-Inclusive Resorts
Before you start planning, it's crucial to understand what an all-inclusive resort entails. An all-inclusive vacation typically includes accommodation, food, drinks, and some activities in the booking price. However, not all resorts are created equal, and the inclusions can vary significantly. Therefore, it's essential to research and understand what's included in your package.
Choosing the Right Resort
Different resorts types appeal to different audiences, and everyone has different needs and wants from their all-inclusive resort. Consider factors like the quality and variety of food, the types of activities offered for families and couples, the location, and the level of luxury. It's also important to consider the resort's policies, such as tipping policies, and any additional costs that may not be included in the package.
Making the Most of Your Stay
Once you've chosen your resort, plan to take full advantage of what's included in your package. This could include activities like:
- Yoga classes
- Cooking classes
- Language classes
- Beach volleyball
- Pool games
- Scuba diving and more
Also, consider exploring the natural surroundings or nearby cities of the destination.
What to Pack for an All-Inclusive Resort Vacation? Essentials
- Clothing: Pack a mix of casual and dressy attire, including swimsuits, cover-ups, shorts, tank tops, sundresses, and evening dresses.
- Footwear: Bring flip-flops, dress sandals, and comfortable walking shoes.
- Accessories: Don't forget sunglasses, hats, and a beach bag.
- Toiletries: Pack travel-sized toiletries, sunscreen, and insect repellent.
- Medications: Bring any prescription medications and a small first-aid kit.
- Travel documents - Ensure you have your passport, driver's license, and any necessary travel insurance documents.
- Electronics - Bring your phone, charger, and a waterproof pouch or case.
- Cash - Carry some cash for tipping and any off-resort expenses.
Video: Unexpected Travel Must Haves (6 min)
Tips for a Smooth All-Inclusive Resort Experience
- Join the resort's Facebook group to connect with other guests and get insider tips.
- Make dinner reservations in advance, especially for popular restaurants.
- Familiarize yourself with the resort's dress code for dining and activities.
- Bring a reusable insulated cup for drinks by the pool or beach.
- Participate in the resort's activities and entertainment to make the most of your stay.
- Don't be afraid to ask for upgrades or special requests at the front desk.
How to ‘Survive’ an All-inclusive resorts Vacation? Safety & Couples’ Advice
Booking Your All-Inclusive Vacation Package
When booking your all-inclusive vacation, consider using a travel agent or booking website that offers packages that include flights and accommodations. Major sites like Booking.com and Expedia often offer deals on resort packages, which can save you time and money.
How to Plan and Pack for Your All-Inclusive Vacation - Takeaway
All-inclusive resorts offer an excellent value for your vacation budget, by including everything in one price. When planning your all-inclusive vacation, it's essential to find the right resort for your travel party, understand what's included in the rate, and pack the right essentials.
By following our tips and packing essentials, you'll be well-prepared for a fantastic all-inclusive resort vacation.
All-Inclusive Getaway Planning & Packing Tips - FAQ
How much should I bring to an all-inclusive resort?
Bring $100 to $200 in cash for tipping, and ask the concierge upon arriving what is generally expected and appropriate.
Should I bring a yeti to an all-inclusive resort?
It's not necessary, but you can bring a reusable insulated cup for drinks by the pool or beach.
Do I need to bring a beach towel to an all-inclusive resort?
Your all-inclusive resort should provide pool and beach towels. You really only need to tote a few things to the pool and beach each day, so a small, packable beach bag is ideal.
What does an all-inclusive package include?
All-inclusive packages typically include accommodations, all meals, beverages–alcoholic and non-alcoholic, activities like non-motorized water sports, taxes, and tips.
Is it rude not to tip at all-inclusive resorts?
It's not rude, but it's customary to tip at all-inclusive resorts. Bring $100 to $200 in cash for tipping, and ask the concierge upon arriving what is generally expected and appropriate.
Is it worth paying all-inclusive?
All-inclusive resorts offer exceptional value for your vacation budget, by including everything in one price. If you were to calculate the cost of a typical resort vacation, itemizing every meal, drink, and activity, you’d realize what an outstanding value an all-inclusive resort can be.
Is there a dress code for all-inclusive resorts?
Most all-inclusive resorts have a dress code for dining and activities. Men are typically asked to wear pants, a collared shirt, and closed-toe shoes, and ladies are asked to wear dress slacks, skirts, or dresses.
Can I bring my own cup to an all-inclusive resort?
Yes, you can bring a reusable insulated cup for drinks by the pool or beach.
BEST ALL-INCLUSIVE RESORTS FOR FAMILIES